BMW is all set to make the first look of its I series lineup next vehicle, the new BMW i4. Starting from the BMW i8, i3, and then iX now it’s time for the new i4 to land up in India. By the way, the new i7 is also coming in the coming years the testing of which is underway. Meanwhile, this blog covers all the information regarding the new BMW i4 which can be available in India.
On the Point
BMW i4 may available in two different variants in India just like it did globally, the first one which is the i4 eDrive 40 and the second one is the i4 M50. The i4’s eDrive 40 variant offers a single-speed motor which is mated with of course an automatic transmission system. The motor produces 335Hp with around 428Nm of torque and is connected to a Li-ion battery pack of capacity 83.9kWh. Both the battery and motor when combined make 0-100kmph in just 5.5 seconds with the top speed limited to 118kmph. On its range, the claimed distance which it covers when the battery is fully charged is around 453-484 km.
On the other hand, the BMW i4 M50 is powered by a Dual-All electric motor which produces 536HP with 791Nm of torque. The motor is further connected with an 83.9kWh battery pack same as on its lower model. The top speed is again limited to 130kmph and the acceleration range from 0-100kmph can be achieved in 3.7 seconds. In terms of range, the total range for the M50 model is between 227-270kms.
- The dominating factor in its front is its kidney-shaped grille design which also features blue accents to signify that it’s a pure-electric drive vehicle.
- Headlamps are also one of the most attractive factors in the design of the i4 and follow the luxury BMW’s LEDsetup.
- The rear taillamps are again a piece of art converted into an LED setup and somewhat resemble all the BMW sedans.
- The main highlight on its side is the 18-inch gunmetal grey Aero alloy wheels, the main purpose of those is to improve the aero-efficiency of the vehicle.
- The interior of the vehicle is equipped with the Live cockpit lupus features further in which BMW’s Curved Display is included.
- The curved display consists of a 12.3-inch instrument cluster with a 14.9-inch infotainment system. Both of them are configurable as well by the user themselves or by their IDs.
- Another highlight is the keyless entry which the vehicle can unlock by their methods namely by the conventional key, the BMW’s card, or by BMW’s mobile app.
- The tailgate is automatic with 470L of boot space on offer.
- Equipped with Active Protection System which automatically prepares the vehicle for post-accident conditions by pre-tensioning the safety belts of the passengers, closing the sunroof, and windows.
- Equipped with Active Driving Assistant system, which includes lane departure warning, Blind spot monitoring, etc.
- Programmable DRLs, Anti-theft alarm systems, etc.
- Equipped with Dynamic stability control (DSC), and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
Well, the new BMW i4 is all set to revv the Indian rods with its electric drive powertrain spec. With all its advancement in its technology, the i4 will be the most powerful EV from the BMW’s i4 line-up after the iX and will rival mainly Volvo, Lexus, etc.
You may also be interested in:
Comment me what’s your view regarding the new BMW i4.
Thumbs up if you liked it, subscribe/share if you loved it and I’ll meet you in my next blog.
Credits: All the images have been taken from BMW’s official website.