Volkswagen Polo as we know is a great hatchback from VW motors but unfortunately, the current model available in India doesn’t feature any significant and major technological upgrade as compared to its competitors. Except it’s a 1.0L TSI engine, nothing is upgraded in this vehicle from its first generation which was landed in India.
However, the global model is a huge jump of VW motors in the hatchback segment and this blog covers all the features available worldwide in the new Polo 2022.
On the Point
This 6th generation of Polo is available in mainly 3 engine options the first one is the normal 1.0L unit, the second one is the 1.0L TSI unit and the last one is the 2.0L TSI unit (Named as GTI). The 1.0L TSI unit has different configurations in itself the first one is the 95PS unit and the second is the 110PS unit. Of course, the configuration involves just the change in the power outputs in the engine.
Talking about the 2.0L TSI unit it produces 207PS of power and is capable to make 0-100kmph in just 6.5 seconds.
The engines are further mated with a 5-speed manual and 7-speed automatic DSG transmissions.
Some major changes compared form the current Polo available in India are as follows:
- Matrix LED Headlamps along with LED DRLs (extending up to the logo in the front).
- Optional tail light clusters with animated brake lights
- Dynamic Swipe indicators.
- New age alloy wheels.
- Digital cockpit-based instrument cluster (8-inch or 10.25-inch depending upon the variant).
- New infotainment system with DAB+ digital reception and mobile phone interface(8-inch unit).
- Optional 9.25-inch unit is also available and is known as Digital Pro+ with capabilities of Streaming and Internet.
- The infotainment system is mated with BeatsAudio system (30-watts, 8 amplifiers).
- New Air-conditioning system with touch controls.
- Ambient lighting system.
- Panoramic/Tilting sunroof
- Built-in Travel Assist system which can drive the vehicle monotonously, by keeping the speed in control aided by the driving pattern of the other vehicles on the road. Thus helping the driver in tiring situations.
- The Polo 2022 available globally also offers a central airbag, which aids greatly in saving the passengers from severe injury at the instance of an accident.
- Equipped with an adaptive cruise control system.
- Equipped with Lane assist, and parking assist systems.
Well, the existing Polo which is currently available in India has the best acceleration among the hatchback segment and all thanks goes to its 1.0L TSI motor. The new Polo is also mainly focused on performance but at the same time, the feature list is also long. Therefore, making it the best hatchback from the German motors.
Talking about its launch in India, no official statement has been made but according to rumors, the launch will be in Q2 of 2022.
You may also be interested in:
Comment me what’s your view regarding the new Volkswagen Polo 2022.
Thumbs up if you liked it, subscribe/share if you loved it and I’ll meet you in my next blog.
Credits: All the images have been taken from Volkswagen’s official website.