Skoda is another brand from the list of German Manufacturers that was seen as highly active during the second part of 2021 with the launch of its Skoda Octavia, Kushaq, and at the last with the unveil of Slavia. Now it has come up with the launch of their full-sized SUV i.e. the Kodiaq.
On the Point
Some of the major highlights of the Skoda Kodiaq are as follows:
- Engine and Powertrain Options
- Powered by a 2.0L, 4 Cyl Petrol motor.
- The engine is capable to produce a power of 190HP and a torque of 320Nm.
- The engine is also comes mated with a 7-Speed Automatic Gearbox which also supports 4×4 capability which happens to be offered as standard across all the variants of the vehicle.
- Technology in Exteriors
- In terms of exterior design, nothing has changed much except the new headlamps and taillamps design.
- The front and the rear bumper have also been revised.
- The front grille looks bolder this time with the more elevated and upright hood.
- The alloy wheels happen to be a newer unit this time with the change in their design.
- Technology in Interiors
- On the driver’s side, it features a new two-spoked steering wheel.
- The instrument cluster happens to be a 10.25inch digital unit featuring graphic integration.
- The front seats feature a ventilation function with both cooled and heated seats on offer.
- The dashboard is equipped with an 8.0-inch infotainment display that supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- The infotainment system is mated with the 12-speaker Canton sound system.
- It also features adaptable chassis dampers which change according to the mode selected.
- Apart from this, it will feature some ordinary functions such as 3 zone automatic climate control system, a panoramic sunroof, etc.
- In terms of security it will feature a 9 airbag set probably in the top-most variant along with rear parking sensor probably as standard.
Since we all know that Volkswagen and Skoda are the sister companies and simultaneously launches their vehicle in the same segment just like the Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen Taigun, Slavia, and Virtus (which will be launched in 2022). So talking about its competition it competes with the Volkswagen Tiguan of course and also with the Jeep Compass as well as with the Citroen C5 Aircross.
You can also be interested in:
Comment me what’s your view regarding the new Skoda Kodiaq.
Thumbs up if you liked it, subscribe/share if you loved it and I’ll meet you in my next blog.
Credits: All the images have been taken from Skoda’s official website.