Another vehicle from the i series lineup is launched by BMW in India. The car was unveiled a year ago and was available in many other countries already. But yesterday it was launched in India with plenty of modern technologies
On to the point the new BMW iX features many capabilities few of which are listed below:
Engine and Powertrain options
- BMW xDrive 40 which is now available in India can produce 326HP of power along with 630Nm of torque.
- It gets a dual electric motor set up which is fixed on both axles making the XDrive 40 All-wheel Drive capable.
- The controller is also capable to distribute the torque according to the road conditions between the front and rear axles.
- On to the front the new BMW iX features Dual wishbone suspension while at the rear it features roll axles with individual damper control.
- The next lineup from the i series is based on the CLAR platform which is composed of carbon fibre and aluminuium.
- The new iX xDrive 40 gets a 76.6kWh battery pack and a WLTP range of 425km.
- BMW also provides a standard 2.3kW charger, a single-phase charger that can charge the vehicle from 0 to 100% in 36 hours.
- Also, an introductory offer on an 11kW charger is there which can top up the battery from 0 to 100% in 7 hours.
- Although, the new iX xDrive 40 supports a 50kW DC fast charger that can charge the battery from 10 to 80% in 73 minutes and also a 150kW charging unit that can make the battery full in 31 minutes, unfortunately, these two units are not ideal in India.
- On to the front, the iX features a new Kidney grille which is by the way sealed as there is no need for air intake.
- The front bumper is full of technical stuff’s including front parking sensors, front parking camera, radars and sensors needed for driving assistance.
- The headlamps are all LED units which are much slimmer this time the same design language is followed in the rear profile as well.
- The interiors will remind you of the BMW X7. Also, every element forms some type of shape which definitely makes the vehicle more unique.
- The infotainment system and the instrument cluster both are embedded under the same piece of glass just like the Mahindra XUV7OO and other Mercedes vehicles.
- The instrument cluster is of 12.3 inches along with an infotainment system of 14.9inches. The system operates on the latest BMW’s iDrive infotainment software.
- Electrochromic panoramic sunroof (glass roof)
- Ambient lighting
- BMW’s Virtual assistance
- 4 zone climate control
- 18 speakers sound system by Harmon Cardon
- Wireless charging pad
- Bespoke leather upholstery
- Multiple Airbags
- DSC (Dynamic Stability Control)
- TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- ABS with Brake Assist
- Blind Spot detection
- Lane change warnings
- Front collision warnings, etc
- Scored 5 stars in Euro NCAP
Well, BMW is one of the premium German vehicle manufacturers especially with its i series, not only the iX but also other vehicles in this premium lineup are uniquely designed and are unrivaled in terms of technology.
The new iX xDrive 40 is priced at Rs 1.16 crore (ex-showroom). Moreover, it will be sold under the CBU (Completely Built-Up) unit in India.
You can also be interested in:
Comment me what’s your view regarding the new BMW iX xDrive 40.
Thumbs up if you liked it, subscribe/share if you loved it and I’ll meet you in my next blog.
Meanwhile me: Scheduling its post.
Credits: All the images have been taken from BMW’s official website.